Fairfield has long been admired as one of the most desirable neighbourhoods to own a home in Victoria. Our team has deep connections and family roots in Fairfield, going back decades. The founders of our company, Lois and Barry Dutton, lived here. Our kids go to school here. Our office buildings, owned by us, are located at the intersection of Moss Street and Fairfield Road, which is a small urban village known as Five Points Village.
Cook St Village is the beating heart of the neighbourhood. It provides us all with superb gathering and shopping options at fiercely local businesses like the Moka House, Big Wheel Burger, Beagle Pub, Pizzeria Prima Strada, the Root Cellar, Surroundings, and Kay’s Corner to name a few. Right next to our offices we have Peckish Café, which provides us ample space and coffee for our outdoor business meetings (thank you!). Plus, shortly there will be the new unveiling of a small restaurant at our own commercial space on Fairfield Road, previously inhabited by The Hive. You’ll see more details on the opening of that business soon!
For anyone new to the area, or considering a move, here’s a rundown of what makes Fairfield truly stand out:
- Walkability: this is probably the most well- known attribute of Fairfield, and often the main reason for people to want to live here. Residents cherish the easy walkability; we stroll for groceries & coffee, meet with friends in the village or walk/bike/jog on the oceanfront pathways
- Housing: a variation can be found in this neighbourhood, with new and older townhomes, single-family character homes, multi-unit character conversions, and smaller apartment buildings. Here you will find excellent examples of 100-year-old character homes that have been upgraded and modernized, many containing rental suites
- Cook St Village: a vibrant commercial hub that just keeps improving, giving us local shops that allow many residents to cut down on car trips.
- Schools: we have superb schools, starting with Sir James Douglas right across the street from our offices. There is also Christchurch Cathedral School and Margaret Jenkins Elementary
- Beacon Hill Park: with 740,000 sq metres of parkland, including: two playgrounds, sports fields, a cricket pitch, lawn bowling, tennis/pickleball courts, the children’s farm, and Cameron Bandshell for music events and more. The park is a special place that helps people de-stress and quickly surround themselves with nature
- Proximity to Downtown Victoria: ride a bike or walk Downtown to restaurants and events, parades, music, the Inner Harbour, James Bay, and everywhere else this vibrant city has to offer
- Artists: we have a large community of artists and people that support our local arts events, such as the Fairfield Artists Tour, Moss St TD Art Gallery Paint In, as well as the Art Gallery (nearby on upper Moss Street at Fort St) .
- Moss Street Farmers Market: an extremely popular farmer’s market that operates on the Sir James Douglas school property on Saturdays (inside the school in the winter!). The market offers farmer, food and craft & artisan vendors
- People: a stylish mix of young families, long-term residents, students, professionals, artists, and entrepreneurs.
- Waterfront dog park: it’s a must to visit our very popular dog park with an incredible panoramic ocean & mountain view on Dallas Road, between Moss Street and Cook Street
- Clover Point: a jewel where you’ll see families beachcombing and picnicking, kite surfers and windsurfers, kayakers, cold immersion swimmers, and joggers
This isn’t the only neighbourhood we do business in, but it’s a neighbourhood we love to do business in. We are grateful to live here, to do business and contribute to our community. We love to share our enthusiasm for our neighbourhood with others.
The Folio Group at Clover Residential are experts at guiding people as they sell their Fairfield property or purchase their dream home here.
Contact us here to get Where You Want To Be.